Trainee Recruitment Consultant
£19,760 + commission + 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) + exceptional benefits
Full training provided – structured 2-year career path to Recruitment Consultant. Significant earning potential, anticipated earnings from Year 3 £46,000 increasing YOY by 20%. From Year 1 to Year 5, anticipated average basic salary increase of 8.5% per annum.
Stroud Resourcing is a boutique, award-winning York based headhunting firm that is well-established and well-loved because we solve our client’s problems and create a great experience for everyone involved. We are a first of our kind recruitment firm, receiving extraordinarily high levels of repeat business - we represent some of the largest and most innovative healthcare providers.
Our job is to find hidden healthcare heroes for the clients that we represent, superstars that will hit the ground running and make a significant difference. The healthcare heroes that we approach are not sitting on CV databases and they won’t apply to an advert no matter how enticing the content - it’s up to us to engage these individuals and persuasively position job opportunities.
An employee stated, “Joining 4 years ago at a similar level, I’ve never looked back! We are a small business that thinks BIG. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and recently launched 2 new businesses, its an exciting time to be joining!”
What we need from our Trainee Recruitment Consultant :
- Ambition – You must aspire to be a Recruitment Consultant with the explicit understanding that a career in recruitment involves ‘consultative selling’ and extensive phone work. You have targets to meet, it's not a 9-5 job.
- Patience – this is a training role, your 1st year is focused on administration and candidate searching and your 2nd year is focused on engaging and interviewing candidates – you will not have contact with clients until year 3.
- Resilience – To find 1 interested candidate takes hard work and determination, rejection is constant. Candidate behaviour can be demoralising, stock answer is ‘no’, gratitude is rare. This must not impact your desire to create a positive candidate experience.
- Mature mindset – you must be completely responsible for what you do. This job requires high levels of efficiency and effective teamwork, we will be relying on you. Common sense, emotional intelligence, positivity, compassion, honesty and realism are all essential traits.
What you will do as our Trainee Recruitment Consultant :
- Search for superstars! We’re a headhunting firm, not a database recruitment firm – we’ll teach you how to headhunt. You’ll use our industry leading software and social media stream such as LinkedIn to map out talent.
- Learn the ropes – Partnering with Recruitment Consultants to bring campaigns to fruition, you will listen, learn, and build skills in candidate sourcing.
- Master our process – Industry leading CRM software, a workflow that consists of 49 steps, excel, word, outlook, PowerPoint, collaborate planning documents, answering the phone – your first year is about grasping the basics.
Why we LOVE working with Stroud Resourcing:
- BIG benefits! Accredited Living Wage employer. Pension scales to 15%, holidays scale to 38 days, sabbatical scheme, dental plan, life assurance, financial wellbeing planning, fertility treatment leave and pay, fertility support loan, miscarriage leave and pay, exceptional maternity/parental pay, great sick pay.
- Great culture! We love what we do, we work hard, fun is always on our agenda! We recognise and reward hard work. Learning and development is core to our business, training and advancement opportunities are open to everyone.
Click to apply! Alternatively email your CV to Joanna.firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Joanna Stroud on 01904 239910 for an informal chat.