Every business year, Stroud Resourcing nominate a charity to support. This year’s charity we have chosen to support is the Leeds General Infirmary Neonatal Unit.
The Leeds Centre for Newborn Care is one of the largest neonatal services in the UK. They provide specialist care to around 1800 babies each year, many of whom need intensive care or surgery. They care for babies from the whole of the Yorkshire region (the largest network in the UK with 42,000 deliveries per year) and beyond.
The Leeds Centre for Newborn Care look after babies with three sorts of problems:
- Those born very early or too small
- Those who have problems in the way that they are made (congenital anomalies)
- Those who become ill around the time of birth with problems like infection
Leeds has a full and wide-ranging multidisciplinary team who are available for every baby who needs specialised care. This includes:
- Neonatal intensive care
- Paediatric surgery
- Paediatric cardiology
- The Children’s Liver team
- Children’s renal team
- Paediatric neurology and neurosurgery specialists
Throughout the year, we will aim to take part in various fundraising activities in and out of the office, and at the end of the business year we will donate a lump sum to the charity.